Strategic & Business Planning
Strategic planning is key to moving an organization forward. The planning process helps credit union boards create a vision by painting a realistic picture of a credit union’s short and long-term strategies.
SaskCentral specializes in facilitating strategic planning sessions. We provide your board and management with the opportunity to understand its membership and focus on the dynamics of the financial services environment and how this affects your credit union and community.
Internal factors such as human resources, technology, financial results and service delivery, together with external factors such as competition, demographics and the economy are examined against the long-term vision of your credit union. The strategic planning process allows a credit union to:
- Focus on the dynamics of the financial services environment
- Identify the impacts of this environment on your credit union and your community
- Focus on its future
- Assess its current position, including opportunities and challenges
- Develop an action plan to move from the present to the future
- Identify measures and targets to monitor progress
- Examine internal and external factors against the long-term vision of your credit union including:
- human resources
- financial results
- service delivery
- the economy
The resulting strategic plan provides a basis upon which to develop and move forward with operational plans to achieve the desired future.